This week I got the chance to pause and look back.
Many times when on a journey it is just nice to look back and see how far I’ve come.
With that look back I got to see even in Week One these sentences and now they Pop off the page and have such great meaning. Yet when I first read them they had the same meaning.
I’ve had 17 weeks to practice these sentences. Bit by bit and exercise by exercise. Moment by moment. Please read them a new like I did.
2. Mind is creative, and conditions, environment and all experiences in life are the result of our habitual or predominant mental attitude.
3. The attitude of mind necessarily depends upon what we think. Therefore, the secret of all power, all achievement and all possession depends upon our method of thinking.
4. This is true because we must “be” before we can “do,” and we can “do” only to the extent which we “are,” and what we “are” depends upon what we “think.”
5. We cannot express powers that we do not possess. The only way by which we may secure possession of power is to become conscious of power, and we can never become conscious of power until we learn that all power is from within.
6. There is a world within – a world of thought and feeling and power; of light and life and beauty and, although invisible, its forces are mighty.
7. The world within is governed by mind. When we discover this world we shall find the solution for every problem, the cause for every effect; and since the world within is subject to our control, all laws of power and possession are also within our control.
8. The world without is a reflection of the world within. What appears without is what has been found within. In the world within may be found infinite Wisdom, infinite Power, infinite Supply of all that is necessary, waiting for unfoldment, development and expression. If we recognize these potentialities in the world within they will take form in the world without.
This has been a great week of review.
I have a little more of that smack to the forehead a ha moments. Those eight statements were true before I got through week 17. Heck they were true before I even started. Yet now they are true and alive in my life propelling me forward on my journey.
One other thing that challenged me this week was….
I got to decide that I was worth finishing the journey because I’m worth it! During one of my sits this week I reminded myself that this is for me and the effort I put in is worth it. No time to stop now.
Please decide now that you are worth the effort to become the best you!
When you do many thing in your life will become much simpler.
Today for example. I had my workout. It is a timed workout. Simple only two exercises. Double Kettlebell Press and the other Double kettlebell Squats. Only two repetitions each alternating between the two for 25 min.
This is my easy day… That doesn’t mean that its easy. I used two 28kg kettlebells. I decided that I would for the first half of the workout. I would do both at the same time without setting down the kettlebells.
I made it to half way and I was able to accomplish that. I did 11 sets in the first half. The week before I only completed 8 sets.
So now on to the second half. I decided to just do the presses then set down the bells rest then do the squats.
I did the first set that way. Then I decided to alternate back to what I did in the first half(both without setting them down). I did the next set that way.
I decided to stay with what I started with and complete the rest of the time doing presses right into squats. It was getting more difficult… but doable.
One thing that I want to say is I have a quote on my picture board that says,”Power to begin!”
The reason I told you this all is…
Knowing how hard my easy workout is and that it is 25 minutes long. Each time I do it I am trying to do more repetitions. I can be a daunting task. Yet the easiest and hardest thing is to start.
Pick those bells up and do the reps. I found out I can do just two reps now.
When I thought I have the power to begin these two reps. That is all that I focused on. And guess what…. The time went by and I did more than I thought I could. by just staying in the moment doing the next two reps.
Like I said looking back to see how far I’ve come is motivation to keep going with a little more vip and vigor. Because we’ve come a long way baby.
In one week I was able to go from 32 reps of each exercise to 44 reps of each exercise in the same amount of time… Wow is all I can say.
Yet this journey has been 17+ weeks and I look back and say… Wow lives are being changed… Most importantly I have become the person that I’ve always known I could be but didn’t know how to do it… more like didn’t know how to be the person I wanted to be.
Enjoy the journey. You’re worth putting in the effort.